Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Nits

Yep, after 5 years of close contact with all manner of children we hae had The Nits brought in to our household. It's funny because I knew Ella had them - she was scratching her head non-stop - but buggered if I could find anything. Turns out her head was crawling with them. I truly don't know how I missed them for so long! Anyway, Ella has been a trooper about them. She has always hated having her hair brushed or washed at the best of times, so having to sit still for hours while conditioner and other strange substances are combed through her hair must be pure torture for her.
Every now and then she would suddenly run out of the bathroom mid-combing screeching 'Ahhh, this is freaking me out!!!' and then calmly come and sit down to continue the combing. Occasionally she would say "I am so stressed about The Nits" Yep, that's what she calls them and I can hear the capitalisation in her voice.

Anyway a week or so after the first sighting it was 'Crazy Hair Day' at school. We were in a mad rush that morning, as instead of our usual 6:45am wake up call from Ella, we slept until 10 to 8 (we need to all be out the door at 8:30) Ella hadn't woken us up, as she had ot straight out of bed to create her 'crazy hair' Look at the photo. Can you guess?









Yep - a giant head lice.
And yes, I had them in my hair too. Revolting little things...

1 comment:

Nana Gabe said...

love the giant nit. Wer breed them big in Gawler.