Friday, August 29, 2008

School photo time

That year went very quick! Ella's second lot of school photos came back this week.
She looks rather unkempt, but delightful.


She is really happy at school and we can't go anywhere without hearing 'Hi Ella!' everywhere. She is such a friendly, happy, eager to please child. We have parent teacher interviews next week, which should be enjoyable.

Speaking of next week ... it is my birthday on Wednesday. 32 years. I have always been a bit gobsmacked about how quickly the last decade has passed, and have been quick to shoot down the passing years, but in a moment of acceptance this week, decided that 32 is pretty fine and dandy.

Ella is a very fluent reader now, and my most favourite sight is to see my two big girls snuggled up in bed together with the book light clipped to the novel of choice, with Ella reading out loud to her sister. Charlotte will sit and listen to Ella for hours. Ella has just taken a big leap in to just writing for the sake of writing, without continually asking how to spell words. So now I am continually stumbling across notes from her from "I love you" written in my diary, to intricate labelled pictures of all manner of things.
This morning I drove Raff's car to school and when I returned home rummaged around in the back seat for the kids' long lost drink bottle and found the following note.

The weather has become very Spring like this week, so we have now have a 'no computer or TV after school' rule. Lucy is now walking pretty confidently, she wears shoes and is extremely happy to potter around outside iwth the big girls. They have been BUSY, setting up tea parties, reorganising the cubby house, creating presents for me (rose petals wrapped up in leaves), playing fencing with broomsticks, swinging around on the clothesline, kicking balls around, wrestling each other, playing chasey, making mud pies.
Last night I took advantahe of the perfect light and caught some nice photos of them all. The kids all came in filthy and with a raging appetite. Tonight there was no mention of 'screen time' they were both outside instantly, picking up where they left off last night. I really really love Spring.







I have a series of photos that is pretty funny. Of Ella storming off, because she wanted to stand behind Lucy, and then one of Charlotte crying because she couldn't see Lucy if Ella was in the way and then of Charlotte dragging Lucy off the stump, cos it was her turn to sit on it.

2 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Sounds like bliss at your place, Nic. :)

It's so nice to hear from you again.

Lee said...

Ella even has my baby tufts of hair at her hairline! Wonder if they'll ever grow out? Mine never did! How did we end up being so similar??