Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kids and Time



I wonder when as a child you really 'get' time. I mean, even as an adult it is hard to grasp at times. Like the 'OMG, I am going to be 3o' moments, and 'What sort of weird time warp occurred in those photos to the left in less than 1500 days?'Poor Ella is really struggling with Adam and Eva being gone 'for a long time' and Nana and Papa going 'until it's nearly Christmas - that's aaaaaaages way'I had a conversation with her while grocery shopping, just after we bumped in to mum, that started with 'How do you make yourself cry?' and ended with 'I am really, really sad that Nana and Papa are going on holidays'To be honest I gave up trying to put a positive spin on it, as there just isn't a positive to it in her little world. She loves her grandparents so much, in so many ways that it will be really tough for her to not be able to ring Nana for a coffee and a chat.In the grand scheme of things 3 months is but a blink, but to a 4 year old? It's eternal.

1 comment:

Adam and Eva said...

Tell Ella we are having fun playing Snakes and Ladders on our long journeys.