Thursday, June 07, 2007

First school visit


Does she look happy?
I overheard her talking to our cat just before we had to leave. She was in her school clothes and was saying 'Harry, you probably don't recognise me now. Probably it is the school clothes, but it is also that I am different all over now. I am a school girl now. Even though it is only a very quick visit today, soon I will be going every day. I will miss you. You have been a good cat'

She was extremely nervous (so was I!) but she did great and is really happy with her classroom, her friends, her teachers and knowing where the toilets are and where to put her bag. I sat in the car and cried - damn hormones!

3 comments:

Nana Gabe said...

I remember doing that too

Julie's back home.... but had a fantastic time... said...

Pretty sure it's not just hormones Nicole. When Lee started school I cried.. even when she and I had been nearly living at school with Paul's class! (and I knew I still would be with her class too!) I think it's just hard letting go...

Nana Gabe said...

Well Nicole i know you have a new baby but how about an update. Just because you have 3 children now you must have a spare 3 mins between feeding, nappies tending to older sisling rivalry and to tend to every need of your Raff. Around midnight would be a good time to keep us informed i reckon