Friday, November 02, 2007

So sweet

This morning while packing Ella's recess, I tucked a little note in her lunchbox that said 'I love you, Ella'. When she got home from school, she was so excited about it and thanked me, and said that it made her feel good. I had picked her up from Rachel's on the way home from a day shopping, so it was a bit hectic when we wlaked in the door. Everyone was starving, Lucy was desperate for a feed, I had to change a load of washing over, so that Lucy would have a dry nappy to wear to bed, the phone was ringing, I needed to get the stuff out the car etc. So I was saying all this as I was trying to meet everyones needs at the same time. Then I said "and I need a cup of tea" Ella says "I'll make you a cup of tea", so she set about filling the kettle, turning it on, got a mug out, put a teabag in it (and a straw!) and got the milk out the fridge. I went over and poured the hot water in, and went off to do something else, came back to this ... Too sweet! It has rained a bit this week, and the kids are absolutely thrilled by it. This evening was a bit lazy, so the kids went out and played in the rain. They had an absolute ball and came in covered in mud :) I am going to try and upload the video of them ...

4 comments:

Spending Your Inheritance said...

How precious is that! Kids do lots of healing amongst the havoc of life don't they? No video though Nicole.

Rachel said...

very cute. I must start leaving notes for my kids again, before Ryan is too old for it.

Meg said...

I loved reading that soooo much, Nicole...THANK YOU! XXXXXX

Nana Gabe said...

Nice to see Meg on line too reading your blog. How about a travel update from you?